Alcohol & Drug Service
The Alcohol and Drug Service recognises alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use as common to societies and cultures around the word.
Our mission is to promote well-being and minimise the harm resulting from the use of these substances, and we offer a range of services to individuals and communities to achieve this.
For more information about our services you can ring ADIS 02 9361 8000 or click on a Link below.
What SVH A&DS does
Telephone services: SVH A&DS provides a number of statewide telephone services, providing education, information, support, referral and crisis counselling.
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS)
- 1300 DRIVER
- Opioid Treatment Line (OTL)
- Stimulant Treatment Line (STL)
- Drug and Alcohol specialist Advisory Service (DASAS)
- Cannabis Caution
Face to face services
- Opioid Treatment Program: Rankin Court Treatment Centre
- Stimulant specific treatment: Stimulant Treatment Program
- Residential Withdrawal Unit: Gorman House
- Inpatient Care: via St Vincent's Hospital. Most people do not need to go to hospital for withdrawal care and support. People with severe alcohol or drug withdrawal may be admitted to St Vincent’s Hospital under the care of the A&DS
- Outpatient Wellness Clinic: via SVH A&DS Specialist Clinic
Consultation Liaison: The A&DS provides consultation and liaison for people with alcohol and drug problems who are admitted to St Vincent’s Hospital under other services.
Who Manages SVH A&DS
Director: A/Professor Nadine Ezard 02 9361 8014
ADIS Quit Contact Centre: David Lester 02 9361 8000
Gorman House Residential Withdrawal Unit: Charlie Lay 02 9361 8080
Rankin Court Treatment Centre: 02 9361 8030
Stimulant Treatment Program: 02 9361 8078
Dr Alex Wodak, Emeritus, may be contacted via 9361 8014