Alcohol & Drug Service
The Alcohol and Drug Service recognises alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use as common to societies and cultures around the word. Our mission is to promote well-being and minimise the harm resulting from the use of these substances, and we offer a range of services to individuals and communities to achieve this.
For more information about our services you can ring ADIS 02 9361 8000 or click on a Link below.
What A&DS does
Telephone services: SVH A&DS provides a number of statewide telephone services, providing education, information, support, referral and crisis counselling.
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS)
- Opioid Treatment Line (OTL)
- Drug and Alcohol specialist Advisory Service (DASAS)
- Stimulant Treatment Line (STL)
- Cannabis Caution
Face to face services
- Opioid Treatment Program: Rankin Court Treatment Centre
- Stimulant specific treatment: Stimulant Treatment Program
- Residential Withdrawal Unit: Gorman House
- Inpatient Care: via St Vincent's Hospital. Most people do not need to go to hospital for withdrawal care and support. People with severe alcohol or drug withdrawal may be admitted to St Vincent’s Hospital under the care of the A&DS
- Outpatient Wellness Clinic: via SVH A&DS Specialist Clinic
Consultation Liaison: The A&DS provides consultation and liaison for people with alcohol and drug problems who are admitted to St Vincent’s Hospital under other services.