available seven days a week
Information, advice, encouragement and support for tobacco smokers who want to cut down, quit and stay quit.
Ring or SMS 13 7848 (13 QUIT)
Calls from landlines are the cost of a standard call.
Calls from mobiles are charged at the standard rate.
See below for lines in languages other than English.
|Monday to Friday||7.00am - 10.30pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Public Holidays||9.00am – 5.00pm|
Outside these hours you are welcome to leave a message with your name and contact phone number and a Quitline Advisor will call you back.
Call Quitline and
- Request a free quit kit
- Talk to the specially trained telephone advisors
- Take part in the free callback service, where advisors ring back to support you while you are quitting
- Give you information and advice about quitting smoking
- Help you assess your level of nicotine dependence
- Provide strategies on preparing to quit and staying quit
- Provide information on products and services to help you quit
- Encourage and support you in your quit attempts
- Assist you to work with lapses or relapse
Quitline Multilingual Lines
Callers can phone the following numbers to speak with a Quitline Advisor in their own language or to leave a message to be called back in their own language. Message instructions are given in the appropriate language.
|Arabic||1300 784 803|
|Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin)||1300 784 836|
|Korean||1300 784 823|
|Vietnamese||1300 784 865|
Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) is available for most other languages.